Friday, January 16, 2009

A hunger that just won't die

I've been on an outrageous binge to find old, vintage cameras. In order to do this, I've reached a heightened state of delirium. Dumpster diving! There are a couple of places in town that have great deals but it takes awhile for things to pop up. Thrift stores my favs. What other places can you find used gear for cheap and puts a smile to your face. I got my Polaroid for 4 bucks that are going for 20-30 on online places. Crazy. So, back to the dumpster diving bit...not so much. I didn't like diving into the big blue bins at the local Goodwill. I am pretty sure that there are deals to be had, but I doubt any good cameras will withstand crap smashing against it. So now, I just have to suppress the urge.

1 comment:

Heidi R. said...

what is super funny about that...is Tracie and i went to that goodwill "outlet" with all of the big blue bins and thought we were in another country. Did you notice the sign that said "Careful, there may be sharp objects in the piles"...ugh. CREEPY! i do however LOVE thrift shopping and would be happy to go with you whenever you need a partner in crime... my sister says there is a great one in berkely called urban ore. check out the website: http://urbanore.ypguides.net/

:)